A quick local SEO checklist
Stephen McCance July 17, 2015
Maximising your online visibility to potential consumers in the area can have a significant impact on sales figures. There is a few simple steps that you can take to improve your ranking on search engines. Below is a quick checklist to get you started.
1. Fresh content: Google and others love new and unique written content, if you want to start rising up search engines try adding a blog to your website and keeping it updated.
2. NAP: A basic step that most of you might have already taken is to include contact details on your website. Clearly showing your business Name, Address and Phone number will help search engines trust your website.
3. Google My Business: Registering your business with google will give it an almost instant boost in search engine ranking. The Google My Business tool lets you register. If you find your business already on there, don’t panic, you can go through a short verification process to claim it. Always ensure you complete your profile fully and match the NAP to the one on your website.
4. Social media: Search engines now take into account your social media presence when ranking your business. You can also use social media to link to your homepage. For many business’ it can be a struggle to find the time to manage social media channels, give us a call if you would like to discuss possible solutions.
5. Reviews: Particularly important if your business is in the leisure or hospitality sector. Positive reviews on websites like Tripadvisor will improve people’s trust in your business and set you apart from your competitors. Be sure to encourage your visitors/customers to share their experiences online, incentivising them with a discount often makes a massive difference.
6. On-site optimisation: You may have a visually stunning site but if it is not built with SEO in mind then Google will not be able to recognise its quality. Including key words in your content, sticking to recommended character lengths and labelling sections of your site with the user in mind will all make a difference. Not sure if your site is optimised for SEO? Drop us a line and get a diagnostic.
Are you making the most of your digital presence? Red Cow Media offers bespoke digital marketing solutions that can help you capitalise on your digital marketing spend. SEO, SEM, PPC, Retargeting, Social Media Set Up and Management. If you aren’t sure what will work best for you then get in touch.